Free Clean Green Organic (waste) Drop Off Days
To assist with fire prevention in the region, the Rural City of Murray Bridge have organised free green organic drop off days throughout the year for residents (in addition to the green organics kerbside service).
The following dates have been scheduled for 2020:
- Friday 29 May (7am-4pm)
- Saturday 30 May (10am-3pm)
- Friday 4 Sept (7am-4pm)
- Saturday 5 Sept (10am-3pm)
- Friday 20 Nov- cancelled due to COVID-19
- Saturday 21 Nov - cancelled due to COVID-19
- Friday 11 December (8am-4pm)
- Saturday 12 December (10am-3pm)
Please adhere to COVID-19 social distancing requirements.
- The above dates are subject to change based on State or Federal COVID-19 health advice.
- Residents will be required to unload waste themselves.
- Please follow our friendly staff's directions to the drop off point.
- Proof of residency is required
Clean residential green organics including grass clippings, prunings, leaves, small branches (up to 100mm diameter), and burned vegetation up to 100mm in diameter. Loads are limited to a 8x5 trailer per visit (no limit to visits made).
Pallets or timber or artificial (astro) turf. Commercial or truck loads of materials, waste or hard rubbish, or proclaimed weeds including Rose, Poplar, Blackberry, Gorse, Olive, Bridal creeper, Kikuyu, Couch, and Bamboo. These can be disposed of at the Brinkley site for a fee or your kerbside green organics bin (if provided). The material in the kerbside green bin waste is composted whereas material collected during free clean green waste drop off days is handled differently (mulched).
NOTE: Declared weeds and plants will not be accepted under the Natural Resources Management Act 2004.
General weeds other than declared weeds will not be accepted as green waste where seeds are present or pose a risk to mulch quality. They will be classified as general waste to landfill.
For further information please contact the Brinkley Waste And Recycling Facility on 8532 6385 or firstname.lastname@example.org.