Welcome to Lerwin
We support older people and their families with a range of high quality services that aim to enrich people’s lives regardless of their care, health and support requirements, financial circumstances or lifestyle preferences.
Lerwin is a residential home owned and operated by the Rural City of Murray Bridge. Lerwin has been serving the community of Murray Bridge and surrounding areas for over 30 years. At Lerwin you can expect 24 hour support from a dedicated team of staff, offering all levels of care including dementia specific support.
Lerwin is a single storey residence and home to 75 residents. We offer the choice of single and double share rooms with ensuites. Our home is purposely designed with many shared communal spaces and rooms include, built in wardrobes, ducted heating and cooling and nurse call.
RESPONSE TO COVID-19
- All non-essential visits will cease immediately
- Residents can no longer go on outings. This includes residents leaving the building themselves, or entering the reception area unless going to an emergency medical appointment.
- Provisions will be made for residents to access reception staff if needed
- GPs and other health professionals will still visit residents
- Special arrangements will be made for residents at end of life. Clinical staff will be in contact with families key contact to put these arrangements in place
- Essential services such as; pharmacy delivery and physio (may change at short notice) will continue
- Volunteer services have ceased to ensure the safety of this vulnerable population
- Supporting residents to connect to loved ones differently
Please contact Lerwin if you are unsure if you are able to visit: phone 85391185.
We have commenced an expansion and refurbishment project that will add a new wing with 20 single rooms and a new courtyard. The refurbishment will convert 15 twin rooms to single rooms with upgraded ensuite bathrooms, along with the refurbishment of the existing courtyard, lounge room and case. Overall the project will increase the number of rooms from 75 to 80. If you would like more information on the expansion and refurbishment project click here.
We are proud of the reputation of excellence that we have built in the local community. Our staff are highly qualified and experienced and we recognise the importance of offering variety and meaningful activity that complements our resident’s individual lifestyle preferences.