CONGRATULATIONS to the Rural City of Murray Bridge Spring Garden Competition 2019 winners!
Eleven gardens have been recognised for their magnificence this year.
Nominations were received from a variety of gardens in the district including sustainable gardens, modern gardens, corporate green-spaces, senior’s gardens, community gardens and school yards.
Landscapes were judged on a variety of criteria including design and layout, plant selection, plant health and maintenance and water saving measures used in the garden.
The winners are:
- Senior’s Garden Brian and Annette Wright
- Small Garden Wendy Osborne
- Large Garden Ron and Elga Lelasi
- Large Garden Runner Up Neville and Chris Weber
- Modern Garden Graham and Brenda Hallandal
- School Garden Jervois Primary School
- Residential Community Garden Murraylands Retirement Village
- Community Garden Murray Bridge Community Centre
- Encouragement Award Wendy Day
- Encouragement Award Lorraine Carpenter
- Mayor’s Award/Sustainable Garden Ross and Sandra Schrapel
Nominations closed in September and judging took place in October.
The Rural City of Murray Bridge Spring Garden competition is an annual event.
Rural City of Murray Bridge Spring Garden Competition 2019 Award Winning Gardens
Encouragement Award: Wendy Day
Large Garden: Ron and Elga Ielasi
Encouragement Award: Lorraine Carpenter
Large Garden Runner Up: Neville and Chris Weber
Modern Garden: Graham and Brenda Hallandal
School Garden: Jervois Primary School
Residential Community Garden: Murraylands Retirement Village
Community Garden: Murray Bridge Community Centre
Mayor’s Award/Sustainable Garden: Ross and Sandra Schrapel
Senior’s Garden: Brian and Annette Wright
Small Garden: Wendy Osborne