RESPONSE TO COVID-19
COVIDSAfeCheckIn QR codes in Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACF)
- From 10 September 2021- under the South Australian Emergency Management (Residential Aged Care Facilities No 41) (COVID-19) Direction 2021 - anyone entering a RACF (including employees, contractors, volunteers and visitors) must check in with the COVIDSAfeCheckIn phone app (QR code).
- If Lerwin visitors are unable to use the QR code, then they must record their details in a manual register provided for that purpose.
- This has been implemented to ensure contact tracers have the most efficient access to information in the event of community transmission of COVID-19, and to allow SA Health to contact those who have attended a specific site as quickly as possible.
- While this will fulfill the requirement to capture relevant contact details - it will not remove other entry or record keeping requirements such as vaccination status, screening requirements etc. Lerwin visitors are also required to have had and provide evidence of their 2021 seasonal influenza vaccination
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
- From 17 September 2021 - ALL RACF staff, contractors and volunteers are required to have received at least one dose of a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine and have evidence of a booking to receive, or have received, a second dose.
LERWIN VISITING HOURS REVIEW
- To support the above requirements and following on from feedback, we are reviewing the Lerwin visiting hours and the check in process to ensure family and friends of Lerwin residents have more opportunities to visit in a safe and streamlined way.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Visit - https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/emergency-declarations/aged-care
- Call Lerwin - 8539 1185
Welcome to Lerwin
We support older people and their families with a range of high quality services that aim to enrich people’s lives regardless of their care, health and support requirements, financial circumstances or lifestyle preferences.
Lerwin is a residential home owned and operated by the Rural City of Murray Bridge. Lerwin has been serving the community of Murray Bridge and surrounding areas for over 30 years. At Lerwin you can expect 24 hour support from a dedicated team of staff, offering all levels of care including dementia specific support.
Lerwin is a single storey residence and home to 75 residents. We offer the choice of single and double share rooms with ensuites. Our home is purposely designed with many shared communal spaces and rooms include, built in wardrobes, ducted heating and cooling and nurse call.
Our aged care residents are settling into the bright, modern surrounds of the new wing at Lerwin, following completion of Stage One of an expansion and refurbishment project.
Work has been underway since January 2020 to create 20 new rooms and 9 refurbished rooms in the new wing, along with upgraded bathrooms and conversion of the existing courtyard into a contemporary, spacious outdoor meeting place.
Overall the project will increase the number of rooms from 75 to 80. If you would like more information on the expansion and refurbishment project click here.
We are proud of the reputation of excellence that we have built in the local community. Our staff are highly qualified and experienced and we recognise the importance of offering variety and meaningful activity that complements our resident’s individual lifestyle preferences.
Why Choose Lerwin?
From joining our piano singalongs to learning how to home brew or knitting your next creation, you will be sure to find a way to express your creative side at Lerwin. Living in Murray Bridge, it is not surprising many of our residents like to spend time gardening. Our raised garden beds make life easier and the garden is accessible to all residents.
We're a friendly and supportive residential care community located on a quiet street in the heart of Murray Bridge, near the Hospital and just five minutes from shopping, services and amenities.
Our professional and highly experienced staff provide 24-hours support, ensuring you receive the highest quality care and services available.
The name Lerwin is derived from an Indigenous word meaning 'Come in, sit down and rest'. We'd love to welcome you home at Lerwin Nursing Home.
- Rooms Rooms
- Respite Respite
- Lifestyle Lifestyle
- Health Health
- Food Food
- Vision, Mission and Values Vision, Mission and Values
Large single rooms with ensuite and built-in robes; access to staff 24 hours for your safety; and an emergency call system.
Rooms are light filled new or freshly renovated with lots of space for your favourite belongings.
Monitored fire safety and sprinkler systems.
Safe and secure environment
Respite is available and welcome to all and is an opportunity for you and your loved one to rest and revitalise.
Respite offers a temporary break from routine caregiving duties, with peace of mind that your loved one is receiving quality care in a homely environment.
You can use respite in helping to decide which care works for you, and if you think Lerwin is the home for you we can help make arrangements to extend your stay.
Life here is tailored to help you enjoy the things that make you happy. Enjoy happy hour, or join an art group or a piano singalong. Other daily lifestyle activities may include movie afternoons, social games, shopping trips, entertainment, barbeques, and community activities.
Our volunteers ensure there are also a lot of one-on-one activities, much reminiscing and fun. Everyone assists in the organising of family barbeques, morning teas and special celebrations.
- Knitting Circle
- Home Brewing
- Cultural Celebrations
- In-house Hairdressing and Beauty treatments
- Ecumenical Worship Services
- Person centred lifestyle programs
- Physio Gym
- Lunch Outings
- Special Occasions
Lerwin is a caring, relaxing place, and our people are keen to help keep you happy, healthy and active.
Regular visits from a range of health professional such as doctors, dentists, podiatrists, speech therapists, dieticians and physiotherapists will help tend to your physical needs.
Palliative care at Lerwin includes the whole family, with support from a psychologist and social worker when needed.
Lerwin has services designed for people living with dementia. Our staff, who have dementia training, are skilled at one-one-one activities.
Our menus are nutritious and varied cooked onsite by qualified chefs. Special dietary requirements can be catered for to meet individual and cultural needs.
We also publish our weekly menu in advance so residents can see what is coming up.
Vision, Mission and Values Statement
This statement documents the philosophy and objectives of the management and staff of Lerwin for the delivery of excellent care and services to our residents.
Committed, Compassionate Care that Connects Residents and Community
Lerwin’s Goal is to deliver the highest quality care and services to our residents and their families/representatives at this important time in their lives.
This is provided in a supportive, respectful, progressive and dignified environment through mutual respect.
We believe that all members of the community should have access to care and services in a residential facility which respects their privacy, dignity and independence and enhances their quality of life.
We respect our residents as individuals who deserve High Quality Care tailored to their needs, by involving the resident and family/representatives in planning individual care needs.
We strive to understand the needs and feelings of our residents, families and colleagues. We act with kindness and decency in everything we do through mutual respect. We understand and accept that all residents have the right to make individual choices.
We take individual responsibility for our actions, commitments and wellbeing. We work willingly as a team to ensure the highest quality of care is provided to our residents and families.
We will conduct ourselves in a professional manner and be accountable for our actions and attitudes.
To find out more about Lerwin, our commitment to care, and the ins and outs of life in an aged care home contact us to receive an enquiry pack.
Phone 08 8539 1185
Address: 67 Joyce Street, Murray Bridge, SA 5253