STURT Reserve Stage 1 Recreation Precinct
Council has recently secured funding in the order of $3m to facilitate the development of the first stage of the Sturt Reserve Masterplan: the development of the Recreation Precinct that includes:
- a fit for purpose 3m wide shared use path along the riverfront including furniture, fitments, signage, lighting, CCTV and interpretative themes;
- complimentary landscaping;
- a launching and landing structure that provides easy access and egress from the river and accommodated variations in river levels for rowing boats;
- the provision of bank stabilisation and erosion control measures; and
- the removal of the existing concrete and sheet pile wharf.
A separate package of works is envisaged, which is still in design and feasibility phase, that is expected to include a Boat Launching Facility.
It is anticipated that these works will commence in August and be completed by December 2020.