Council’s response to COVID-19 is informed by advice from Federal and State Government Agencies and the expert advice of relevant peak bodies including Aged & Community Services Australia.
The key priority of Council in this time of uncertainty in response to the COVID-19 situation is the health and safety welfare of our community, our staff and volunteers. As you would appreciate, the COVID-19 situation is constantly evolving and the information following is based on current advice which may change over the coming days and weeks.
Please refer to the Department of Health website for further information about Residential Aged Care: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-residents-of-residential-care-services-family-members-and-visitors
Based on this advice, the following is now in place at Lerwin:
- Large group visits, gatherings, and external excursions will be postponed
- Visitors who have returned from overseas or been in contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days will not be able to visit. Nor will anyone with a fever, symptoms of a respiratory illness, or who has not been vaccinated against influenza (by 1 May 2020) be able to visit.
- Visits should be short, and conducted in the resident’s room, and no more than 2 visitors at a time
- Visits by children 16 years and under are not permitted except in special circumstances.
- All visitors will need to wash their hands before entering and leaving a resident’s room and will be encouraged to practise social distancing where possible, including to stay away when unwell.
Please contact Lerwin if you are unsure if you are able to visit: phone 85391185.