Enrolling on the Voter's Roll


Are you a property owner within our Council area who is not enrolled on the State Electoral Roll for Hammond?

i.e. you are a resident  in the Council area not enrolled on the House of Assembly Electoral Roll; including

  • non-Australian citizens;
  • a sole property owner who lives outside the Council area but owns property in the Council area;
  • a sole occupier who occupies property in the Council area as a tenant but does not live at the property (a non resident occupier)

To be eligible to nominate for a position on Council and/or Vote in the Council election your name will need to appear on Council’s Voters Roll.   The Council’s Voters Roll consists of the House of Assembly Voters Roll managed by the Electoral Commission of SA and Council’s Roll managed by Council.  Council has delegated responsibility to its Chief Executive Officer to maintain the Council Voters Roll.

If you have moved your residential address please update your details with the Electoral Commission of South Australia.   If you are eligible for enrolment on the House of Assembly role and meet the criteria above  you will need to complete the attached enrolment form and return to us prior to Friday 8 August 2014.   It is suggested you return the form earlier to ensure it is correct and you do not miss enrolment.   

Council has resolved to abolish the existing three Council ward structure and become an Area Council.  Council elections only occur if we receive more than the required number of candidates at close of nominations.  In the case of Mayor if more than one nomination is received a Mayoral election will be held.    If more than nine nominations are received for Area Councillor then an election will be held.

We encourage you to take the time now to enroll on Council’s Voters Roll and have your say in the forthcoming Council Elections, if required.    Please note the Voter’s Roll for the Council elections closes on 8 August 2014 and your completed application form must be received prior to that date.

If you have any questions regarding your voting entitlement please contact Senior Finance Officer-Rates, Dot Temby on 85391100 or rates@murraybridge.sa.gov.au

If you have any questions regarding the election process please contact Executive Officer, Ros Kruger on 85391407 or r.kruger@murraybridge.sa.gov.au

Back to top