Personal Care Attendant – Lerwin Residential Aged Care
Permanent Part-time and Casual Positions
Lerwin is an 80 bed residential aged care facility owned and operated by the Rural City of Murray Bridge that has been serving the local community and surrounding areas for 40 years.
The Rural City of Murray Bridge is located approximately 75km east of Adelaide (approximately 60 minutes drive).
We are currently recruiting Personal Care Workers to join our passionate and committed team.
As a Personal Care Worker you will provide person-centred care to your residents, ensuring a safe environment within the facility and applying your clinical skills to improving their quality of life through activities that include:
- Ensure the physical, emotional and social needs of residents are met in a timely manner
- Provide resident focused and holistic care under supervision of the Registered & Enrolled Nurse
- Accurate documentation on resident care and
- Ensure a clean and safe environment for residents, visitors and staff
- Provide resident focused service in relation to meals and food services
We encourage our team to be creative and enjoy themselves while contributing to our success.
Successful applicants will demonstrate
- Certificate III in Individual Support, Certificate IV in Ageing Support or equivalent
- Assist Clients with Medication (HLTHPS006), preferred
- Follow Basic Food Safety Practices (HLTFSE001)
- Adaptability, initiating action, collaboration, managing work (including time management), work standards and stress tolerance
- Demonstrated person-centred care and respectful approach to patients, visitors and staff
- Previous experience in a similar role would be preferred, but is not essential
And will be able to provide evidence of:
- NDIS Workers Screening Clearance or willingness to obtain
- SAPOL or Australian Federal Police Criminal History Check
- Covid Vaccination (min 3)
- Seasonal Influenza
The Lerwin Team are committed to providing high quality, safe care and positive outcomes for residents and their families through professional, evidence-based practices and creating a professional, safe and fun work environment.
Lerwin Residential Care is committed to gender equality.
We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age.
Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community, and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
A detailed job description for the above position can be obtained here.
How to Apply?
All applications must be submitted via Seek by submitting:
- An up to date Resume - including the contact details for three (3) Professional Referees, and a
- Cover Letter (2 pages maximum)
For more information please contact: Anthony Heslop, Manager Lerwin on (08) 8539 1185.