Do you have a start-up or small business idea?
Kickstart your idea into action with an interest-free loan up to $2,000 to help with the costs of starting up or maintaining a small business. Whether you have dreams of heading a tech start-up company, opening a local shop or being your own boss as a building contractor, the Kickstart Loans program will support you to achieve your goals and succeed as a young entrepreneur.
What is a Kickstart Loan?
The Rural City of Murray Bridge Youth Council (Impact Youth) has created this entrepreneurial-based program to support and empower local youth with the skills and confidence to start or expand their own small business.
- You’ll take part in three compulsory training workshops led by local industry experts – covering topics fundamental to your success such as Business Finance, Marketing and Communications and Business Management.
- Then you’ll present your business idea to a panel of mentors and councillors.
- If successful you will be awarded a loan up to $2,000 and matched with a local expert who will be your mentor during the first year of business.
- Throughout your first year, we will continue to connect you with networking, advice and support to help you grow and sustain your business into the future.
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible you must:
- Be a young person aged between 15-25
- Live in The Rural City of Murray Bridge council area
- Not currently employed on a full-time basis
- Have an idea for a small business in your local district or
- Want to grow an existing business that has been trading for less than 24 months
How do I apply?
Before applying, we advise reading the Terms and Conditions.
To register your interest in taking part in the Kickstart Loans program please complete the Application Form.
Alternatively, contact The Rural City of Murray Bridge on (08) 8539 1100 or email@example.com.
Masterclass 1 - Business Foundations
Presented by Steven Walker co-owner Kookaburra Homes
Masterclass 2 - Communications and Branding
Presented by Courtney Blacker of Commshake Media and Engagement
Masterclass 3 - Finance Management
Presented by Julie Humphrey of Humphrey Consulting